Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Beginnings....

Hello neighbors, greetings to all. My name is Robert Humphrey and this is my journal.

I have lived in Woodway for 18 years, raising my family here. My first blog admission -- I love Woodway! Have from the moment we bought our house here. Great friends, great neighbors; great public safety. Hospitals nearby. Shopping too. No place is perfect, but this is as close as I've seen. Coming from the DFW area, all it took was one weekend to know this is where we needed to be.

First things first -- Thanks are in order. Thank you First Baptist Woodway -- your love and community of faith have blessed my family, continue to bless us beyond measure. Thank you wonderful teachers of Midway ISD -- your dedication, high standards, and self-less effort imparted a wonderful education on my sons. Thank you to my neighbors and friends for caring for my family, making me laugh. Most of all thank you Tammy-- loving, faithful wife. Sweet giver. Wonderful mother, advocate for children. More than book knowledge, you dare to teach the greater lessons of compassion, respect, and accountability to every child you touch.

These are my people -- the ones I love, laugh, and cry with. See a pattern here? God has blessed me with extraordinary people leading ordinary lives. People we see at HEB, little league dads and soccer moms. People who line up at Leal's for a breakfast burrito. People who want a clean, safe, community. People who want good neighbors. People who chose Woodway because of all these things.

Second admission -- I'm a first time blogger. I wouldn't be doing this except for some extraordinary, recent events. On May 8th, the City of Woodway held municipal elections for four City Council Seats. Once tallied, the count revealed all four incumbents voted out, four new challengers in. Based on what I've heard, most people were surprised at the the turnout, at the decisive results. I am one of the incumbents voted out. Although disappointed, I believe in our electoral process and respect the right of citizen choice. So why the blog? Tell you tomorrow.